Classic Stir Fry Veggies
You know what I love about stir fry?
I cut up a boat load of veggies . . .
Have everyone’s favorite sauce on the side . . .
and if you don’t like it, PICK IT OUT!
#VeganRenee Cooking Tips
- Prep up veggies for the week all at once. Batching makes sense in business, laundry, paying the bills . . . why not save time with your kitchen prep as well?
- Find out what everyone likes–when a new food is paired with a familiar food kids are more inclined to try it.
- Introduce fruit into your stir fry or on the side–pineapple, mango, sliced oranges are all great additions.
- Rice or Noodles? Why not cook up both? I use Jasmine rice or Basmati–IMHO the best rice, not at all sticky and mushy.
What Veggies do I use?
- peppers, yellow, red, orange and green!
- mushrooms (button and baby bells)
- potatoes (russet, gold and redskin)
- broccoli or brocollini
- sugar snap peas
- beans (I dislike beans but sometimes I add them)
- leftover butter nut squash chunks or sweet potato chunks
- bean sprouts
What sauces do I use?
- Garlic Soy
- just brown gravy out of a jar–one of my kids loves it. As much as I dislike the idea of brown gravy I honor the choice.
- Sweet and Sour made with orange marmalade and hot mustard with a bit of water and cornstarch–so yummy!
Be Blessed as you eat and live with L.O.V.E.,