Sweet Potato Lentil Burgers
Do these look amazing or what? My vegan lentil burgers are super yummy, insanely simple and good for you! And they don’t taste like dirt. None of my cooking tastes like dirt. People ask me that all the time. I don’t get it. FYI: dirt will taste like dirt and if you are at the beach and drop your food in the sand . . . it will taste like sand.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- lime zest
- Thai Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- vegetable broth
- Peel, cube and roast the sweet potatoes at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Make the lentils. Add 1 cup lentils and 2 cups water or veg broth. Bring to a boil, turn the heat down to a simmer for 20ish minutes until they are cooked firm. In this recipe if you cook them a tad too much and they are mushy, it won’t matter.
- In a skillet type of pan cook the onions, peppers several minutes on a medium heat. The idea is to wake up the flavor but not burn them. Add lime juice and lime zest to the pan.
- I added Thai Sweet Chili Sauce for some sweet heat.
- Let this mixture cool. Add enough breadcrumbs bind the lentil mix–you should be able to form them into patties like hamburgers.
Blab Cooking Show
Want Perfect Hummus?
Plant Based Nutrition Recommendations:
- Lentils can be made ahead of time and frozen.
- These lentil burgers can be made ahead and frozen.
- Use left over sweet potatoes in soups, salads and smoothies.
- Add black beans instead of lentils.
- Make into “meat balls” for an Italian Dinner.
- Buy the lentils precooked.
- Buy the sweet potatoes pre cut.
- Hell, you can even buy the onions and peppers pre cut–there is no reason why you can’t eat healthy!!!
Is eating farm to table, seasonal and sustainable your “thing”?
You can find me in the studio, my kitchen or online here :
Renee’s Kitchen You Tube Channel
Be Blessed as you eat and cook with L.O.V.E.