What’s in my fridge?
Dirt. Like real dirt from the veggies. Probably a rogue carrot that fell behind the crisper drawer. A couple of times a year I clean everything out, check dates, clean the shelves and put back what I know I will use. Then I vow to never again buy the Ginger/Soy/Pineapple Marinade that was horrible. (Honestly, why do I keep buying stuff that I know won’t be nearly as good as my own ginger, soy, pineapple marinade?)
What’s REALLY in my fridge!
I am asked all.the.time. “what is in your fridge?”
Yes, dirt is always my first answer. Apples is my second. Did you know you can store apples in the fridge for something crazy like 6 months? That is what the lady at the farmers market said! We eat 5 pounds of apples a week–I keep them in the bottom drawer for lunches and snacking. What else is in my fridge?
- lots and lots of salad blends. I buy what looks best–conventional or organic and hopefully it will be on sale.
- romaine–the turtles love romaine and so do the kids.
- greens–like spinach and kale
- carrots–from my CSA, farmers market and the grocery store
- cabbage–I store them in the fridge. I still have two from my CSA in October.
- celery root (celeriac)
What do I make with all of that?
If you follow me on instagram or in the sidebar of this blog post, you can see lots and lots of:
- stir fry with noodles and rice
- mexican style foods–tacos, burritos, bowls
- soups!!! I love soup.
- salads–leafy greens, cooked salads, slaws . . .
- simple side dishes like vegan mashed potatoes, baked sweet potatoes
What’s on my counter?
You know I LOVE my onions. I always have onions, garlic, ginger and bananas in a bowl on my counter.
Eat and live with L.O.V.E.,